It’s been a long time since I’ve had the perfect day handbag but here it is and when Next asked if I would do a What’s In My Handbag post…
Well, the timing was perfect. The bag – you’ve probably already seen me waxing lyrical about it and in the outfit post below! – is by new label Village England. I love its raspberry colour and strong but subtle design and unlike other cross-body satchel type bags I have, it’s a little more spacious and allows for a good variety of items which I can pack in nice and neatly, without descending into too much chaos! It’s nice to have what feels like a more ladylike option than my default daily nylon tote for lugging around all the necessary kiddie bits and bobs.
So, in no particular order, in my summertime handbag I carry:
1. Yarok Feed Your Hold hairspray – no nasty chemicals and this mini-size is perfect for carrying about. This is also part of a fun collaboration I have coming up with My Beautiful World next month, so stay tuned!
2. Tusting keyring – I discovered this British brand at the recent Christmas press day and was really impressed by their quality leather bags and accessories. This lovely keyring was in the goodie bag!
3. Ally Capellino purse – quite a few year’s old now as you can see from the worn leather, but still much loved.
4. Waashi tape from Loop – so handy, you’d be surprised! Last minute birthday presents, label writing, super glue mends…
5. Butter London Primrose Hill Picnic nail varnish – I chip my nail polish so regularly I’ve taken to carrying around a bottle for touching up.
6. Vintage chain necklace from Camden Passage market – I love having this on hand to throw on if I want to jazz things up a bit!
7. Fisheye add on lens for iPhone – my inner geek can’t get enough of little gadgety add-ons for taking photos.
8. Dr Bronners lipbalm – one of my favourite lip balms, soft and smooths on nice and easily.
9. Rayban tortoiseshell wayfarers – failsafe sunnies in one of the few styles that suit me…
10. House of Holland iPhone case – I liked this case so much (handed out at the SS13 show) I had to search it out it on eBay!
If you like quizzes, check out this very cute Which Handbag Are You? on the Next blog. What am I? The satchel, of course! “Practical, smart and the perfect size for your essentials, the satchel is the bag of choice for the girl with a sense of purpose – no desperate phone rummaging here.” Yep, that’s me. For today at least.