Furthering my obsession with the Scandi brands, I popped over to check out Swedish designer J.Lindeberg at their Shoreditch showroow and have a quick chat with head designer Jessy to find out what they’re all about…
1. Founded in 1996, J.Lindeberg focuses on fashion that works well and is properly functional. Including high performance wear for golfers and skiers that is so beautifully made and tailored it could easily appear in the womenswear & menswear lines. Their pieces are worn by athletes such as
2. Originally from Holland, head designer Jessy Heuvelink (pictured below) after studying womenswear fashion design cut his teeth in the world of couture working for Christian Lacroix atelier beading and sewing before joining Adidas in Germany. A little bit rock n’ roll, Jessy brings a little flamboyance and excitement into the minimal Swedish mix!
3. The new collection is inspired by the futuristic (and utterly iconic!) characters of Bladerunner Rik Deckard and Pris – played by Harrison Ford & Daryl Hannah – imagined in today’s world wearing a Scandinavian influenced wardrobe! As described by Jessy; he also told me he watches the movie on repeat which I love! One of my favourite sci-fi movies and such amazing visual inspiration.
4. This Is Mars, a coffee table book made up of satellite imagery of Martian black dunes and spiralling whirlwinds (with a viewpoint covering 6km in every shot) was another massive inspiration – and a print for the AW15 collection (see on the bomber below) was inspired by the black and white images.
5. The collection’s very cool black snakeskin boots for women are based on the menswear style, just a neater, more flattering fit. The metallic silver detailing in some of the the footwear is the perfect sci-fi nerd nod.
You can find J.Lindeberg online at Harvey Nichols – enjoy!