It’s taken me a few days into 2013 to clear my head and figure out the specifics of what I’ve got planned for my blog this year – raising my profile and increasing traffic aside 🙂 – but now we’re back home there are so many things I want to do. The above are the blogging related ones that floated to the surface tonight.
1. You may have noticed 99% of my outfit posts are taken inside. This is for two reasons – I take the photos myself and am too self-conscious to shoot outside with my tripod with people passing by. However, outdoor light and different locations both make for much better results, so I’m going to have to start pushing out of my comfort zone.
2. Somehow listening to new music has fallen out of my life in the last few months. I’m going to force myself to rectify that by adding a ‘I’m listening to…’ at the end of each blog post. Can’t wait to start doing this. In fact, I already did! See previous post.
3. I need to work on shutter speed and exposures and experiment more in Photoshop.
4. My Canon G11 is sitting practically unused at the moment, so I think eBaying it to replace with the new Canon M might be a good solution.
5. Obviously I’d love to keep working with new brands but I also think it might be fun to start shooting other people on a more regular basis. In fact, I already have someone in mind, a rather beautiful actress friend. Watch this space.
6. As a freelance journalist, interviewing is one of my favourite activities. It’s been great introducing interviews to the blog and I want to keep them coming.
7. I joined both Pose and Lookbook in 2012 and now I need to get posting.
8. Life feels busier than ever but I do love a bit of craft and DIY, so I really want to make time for abit of knitting, crochet and sewing.
So, that’s about as far as I got. What about you? What are your resolutions, blogging or other, for 2013?